From time to time we find the typical message on Google Play: “Your device is not compatible with this version” or “is not available in your country.” We are going to try to help you bypass this restriction, by changing your country thanks to a VPN or Market Helper.
Skip the region restriction via VPN
With this method we are going to trick our device -and all the internet- with a new IP that will provide us with the VPN connection. This type of connection is a tunnel through the Internet to a particular server which is located in another country and gives us its IP address to download the applications that we can not in our country.
In Google Play there are many VPN applications, including some with excellent service for a very affordable price. Here you have two free applications so you can try. You just have to install one of the two and activate the service. At that time visits to Google Play will be registered with the address of the VPN server to which you are connected, thus skipping the blocking by country.
Download the APK from an alternative market
The other alternative is to get the application in the “unofficial” market. There are many alternative markets where you can get the APK files of your applications. Before installing these APKs you will need to activate the option of ‘Unknown sources’ in Settings> Security .
It is advisable to make sure that the APK is not manipulated before installing it. To make sure you look at the comments and ratings of the APK in each market.
How to install and configure Market Helper (patched by Google)
Warning: Market Helper is a great application that allowed us to jump the restrictions by device or region imposed by some developers to their applications. Unfortunately, Google patched in December 2015 the error that benefited this application to get install applications incompatible with our terminal directly from Google Play.
This method only works with older versions of Play Store on devices with Android 4.4 Kitkat or lower until Android 2.2 Froyo that are also rooted, so it may be a bit obsolete. Anyway here you have how to do it:
- First, make sure your device is rooted
- Download the Market Helper APK. Here you have it available in the XDA forum. Market Helper .
- Remember, for the application to install correctly you must activate “Unknown sources” on your Android. Go to Settings> Security> Unknown sources and mark it. If you have a smartphone with Android One it is a bit different: Settings> Applications and notifications> Advanced settings> Special application access> Install unknown applications. Once there, it depends on the browser you use or where you need to access your smartphone to download the APK (something that if you start the download your phone will tell you). Enter the option that is and activate ‘Authorize downloads from this source’.
- Install the application on your device. As always, you can install it directly from the browser or by moving the app to your phone from your computer.
- First, Market Helper is only in English. With the app installed, you can change the identity of your smartphone and change the country associated with the Google Play Store.
- To do so, first click on “Select Account” and enter your Gmail account. Then click on “Activate”.
- A pop-up will appear in which you have to give permission to the application to be superuser of your device. You accept.
- Here begins the interesting. In “Select Device” you can specify almost any Android device and “cheat” the Google Play Store. You can even change from tablet to smartphone or tv and vice versa.
- Después puedes elegir el tipo de dispositivo que quieras. Lo más lógico es elegir dispositivos actuales y populares que sean compatibles con casi todo.
- En “Select Operator” puedes cambiar al país y el operador que prefieras. Por ejemplo, puedes elegir Estados Unidos (un país donde la mayoría de las apps están disponibles) y AT & T (una operadora muy generalizada). Tras escoger, haz click en “Activate”.
- En la ventana de confirmación, tienes la opción de ir a tu “Google Dashboard”, es decir, la pantalla de inicio de tu escritorio de Google. Es importante ya que tendrás que volver a entrar para que se apliquen los cambios efectuados.
- Once done, everything is ready for fun. You can go back to your phone’s Home and open Google Play. Now no type of previous restriction will appear, corresponding to your country and device. They will disappear and adjust to what we have entered in Market Helper.
Note: That the application is now compatible with your device does not guarantee that it works like silk, it will depend on many factors, but at least you can install it.
Do you know any other trick to skip the restriction by location? Do not hesitate to tell us your experience in the comments.