The neon lights were fashionable during the 80s and 90s, but now this style has returned, which is why we show you how to transform any neon sign with Photoshop below.
- Huawei Watch GT Active & Elegant Review, Price
- How To Remove Malicious File From Computer
- PlayStation 5 Date, Price, Specifications
Shutterstock published a tutorial on how to create neon signs in the Adobe program.
1. Create a new Photoshop document, the size of 1920 x 1200 pixels. Then create a new layer and place a textured background photo. This background is where the neon sign will “hang”, so it is recommendable to use exterior textures.
2. With the new layer of the image selected, go to Layer> Rasterize> Layer. Next, go to Image> Adjustments> Hue / Saturation. Here it increases the saturation to 40, and reduces Luminosity to -85.
3. Create a third layer. Make sure the front and background colors are set in black and white. Then go to Filter> Render> Clouds, and you will see a cloudy pattern.
4. With the Eraser tool, erase the edges of the cloud layer. Reduce the opacity of the eraser tool to 20 percent and erase at the oval boundary a few times to eliminate rough edges. In the Layers panel, change the layer blending mode to Color Dodge, and reduce the opacity to 50 percent.
5. Add a new layer and with the the Text tool create the word or phrase. It uses a bright neon color and a rounded font. With the text in place, go to Layer> Rasterize> Layer. Press and hold the command key, and with a mouse click on the thumbnail of the text layer in the Layers panel. This should create a selected area outlining its text. Then go to Select> Modify> Contract, enter 10px, and click OK. The selected area reduces within your text. Click on the Delete key to delete the inside of the text.
6. Because the neon signs are not continuous, add 1-2 break points in each letter. Use the Eraser tool (E) to add pauses.
7. Select the neon text layer, go to Layer> Layer Style, Drop Shadow. Set the Distance to 15px, propagate and 10 percent, and size 10px.
Under Layer Style, click the External Glow checkmark. Change the blending mode to Linear Light, and change the opacity to 75 percent. Adjusts the brightness color to something a little brighter than the color of the text.
Then click on the Inside glow checkmark. Change the blending mode to Multiply and the Opacity to 75. In the Elements options, adjust the size of 6px. Then click on OK to save the layer styles.
8. As the sign still does not float in front of the wall, it must be anchored in the space. To do this, another layer is added and dragged below the neon text layer. With the Brush tool (B), draw small black bars below each of the interruptions in the text. Hold the Shift key while drawing to get perfectly straight lines.
9. Keep the layer selected, go to Layer> Layer Style> Bevel and Emboss. Adjust exterior bevel style, and depth to 11 percent. Set the size to 1px and Smooth to 5px. In the shading settings, adjust the altitude to 10 degrees. Click on OK to save the configuration.