Xiaomi announced the Black Shark 2, gamers focused on gamers on Monday (18): it has the flashy design you’d expect, plus cutting-edge specifications – Snapdragon 855 processor with liquid cooling, up to 12GB of RAM, camera dual main sensor with 48 megapixels, and an accessory that leaves similar to the Nintendo Switch.
Black Shark 2 features a 6.39-inch AMOLED screen with Full-HD + resolution. The latency between touch and display response is only 43.5 milliseconds. It covers the DCI-P3 color space and HDR support.
The typical screen brightness is 430 nits. There are four ambient light sensors on the front that adjust the colors for greater accuracy. And we have here two stereo front speakers, which are not covered by your hands in any position.
The digital player is under the display. In addition, the screen features pressure-sensitive Magic Press technology, similar to the iPhone’s 3D Touch: here you can map buttons on the left and right side, and activate them by pressing harder.
The Snapdragon 855 processor is accompanied by a vapor chamber cooling system called Liquid Cool 3.0, which promises to reduce chipset temperatures by up to 14 ° C. Meanwhile, the “Ludicrous” mode reduces the throttling of the CPU so that everything runs at the highest possible speed.
The device is available in versions with 6 GB, 8 GB or 12 GB of LPDDR4x RAM. Meanwhile, the internal storage is 128 GB or 256 GB with UFS 2.1 technology. The 4,000 mAh battery has support for fast charging of 27 W.
At the rear, we find the dual camera with main sensor of 48 megapixels. The secondary 12 MP sensor is a telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom. Meanwhile, the front camera has 20 megapixels for selfies.
The rear has the logo backlit by LED lights, something seemingly essential throughout gamer device, and an X-shaped antenna that promises strong reception regardless of how you hold the handset.
Models and prices of Xiaomi Black Shark 2
Black Shark 2 will go on sale in China from March 22 in black / gray and white / silver. There are three models:
- 6 GB / 128 GB: 3,199 yuan (about R $ 1,800)
- 8 GB / 128 GB: 3,499 yuan (about R $ 2,000)
- 8 GB / 256 GB: RMB 3,799 (about R $ 2,150)
- 12 GB / 256 GB: 4,199 RMB (about R $ 2,400)
There’s also the GamePad 3.0 accessory that turns the Black Shark 2 into a console similar to the Nintendo Switch: two controls that fit on the sides and HDMI output to connect to the TV. In turn, the Cooling Case is a fan case that helps to lower the temperature by up to 5 ° C.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 – technical sheet:
- Screen: 6.39 inches, AMOLED, Full-HD + (1080 x 2340), 403 ppi, ratio 19.5: 9, 108.9% of the pressure-sensitive DCI P3 range (Magic Press)
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 with Liquid Cool 3.0
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB or 12 GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 128 GB or 256 GB UFS 2.1
- Dual rear camera: 48 megapixel f / 1.75 + 12 megapixels f / 2.2 (2x optical zoom)
- Front camera: 20 megapixels f / 2.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with 27W Rapid Charging
- Operating system: Black Shark OS based on Android 9 Foot
- More: On-screen digital player, USB-C, dual nanoSIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, aptX HD
- Dimensions: 163.61 x 75.01 x 8.77 mm, 205 g